7/07/2005

I want my goddamn tater tots!

Damnit. Everyday (usually) I get breakfast from the shitty cafe downstairs in the building. Two eggs scrambled, tater tots, and lightly toasted rye w/ butter. The eggs are usually "ok" but sometimes they suck. I don't know how someone could repeatedly fuck eggs up, but they do. The only thing that is good day in and day out are the tater tots. They make them delicious. I don't know why someone would sell their soul to the devil for perfect tot making skills, but Mike in the cafe must have done it.

Anyway, I go down there today, I walk in and right away they are apologizing that they don't have tater tots for me. Fuckers. I was looking forward to tots all morning.

Of course the eggs sucked today and the butter on the toast tasted like it sat out a little too long. And now I am just left with the fading memory of those magical tater tots.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stewie said...

Do you put the tots in your pocket so you can save them for later?

Do they bake their eggs?

Baked eggs suck.

11:49:00 AM  
Blogger fnordboy said...

Nope, not baked. Fried on a griddle.

The problem, I think, generally is that he doesn't scramble them up enough. I need that shit fully mixed up.

11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Does he add a little milk, little salt, pepper, whisk them up? My mommy used to put some sort of green herb in them, and they were just DELICIOUS. I haven't been able to duplicate her eggs, though.

And Stewie, don't make fun of Shiki for saving his tots. He'll probably be hungry because he won't have eaten anything ALL DAY!!

3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home