4/01/2005

1334

I was sitting here at work a little bored, so I decided wth. I should write something on the blog.

April 1st has always been a weird day to me. I usually enjoy playing pranks on people, and I actually had a good one planned for a coworker. I still might do it so I don't want to say it here yet. Anyway, 4/1 has been a sad day for a few years now. 7 years ago today one of the greatest musicians of (atleast) my lifetime hung himself, Rozz Williams. I have never been big into the gothic culture, but I have for as long as I can remember listened to a lot of gothic music. And Rozz Williams was in some of my favorite gothic bands: Christian Death, Shadow Project, his spoken word stuff. And of course in the experimental band Premature Ejaculation.

I always find it hard to explain to people unfamiliar with his work. They hear the word gothic and automatically assume it is cheesy. I agree, a lot of things in the gothic culture are cheesy and nowadays it seems even worse than ever. Rozz was amazing though. He had a beautiful voice, and had brilliant lyrics.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


There is a great little video up at Forever Hollywood Cemetary's site, you can view it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I watched the video. It was eerie to see him posing with the skeleton hanging from the tree at the end, considering how you said he died.

I think I shall look for some of his music the next time I'm at the store.

10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Stewie said...

Wow.

Good song, sad video.

7:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home