6/29/2005

The Old Woman Who Cried Werewolf...

I think a little background is needed for this entry. I grew up living next door to my grandmother and aunt & uncle. After I moved out a while back my aunt & uncle moved out of the apartment above my grandmother so my girlfriend and I moved into that apartment due to the ultra low rent. Probably not the best move, but that is a whole 'nother series of blogs.

Anyway, next door to my grandmother's house was this other house that was butted up right against her driveway. In reality the lot for that house took up about 3 feet of my grandmother's driveway. Luckily my grandmother and grandfather had an agreement with the people that live in that house.

The house was the creepy house on the block when I was growing up. It was set back from the street which is pretty rare for my neighborhood, and had a twisted tree in the front yard. The house was never cared well for (atleast in my lifetime) and was the ugliest shit brown color.

This entry is about the woman who lived in that house, Mrs. Capp. The only thing creepier than the house was this woman. She was pretty damn old when I was growing up (I believe that she has since died). My mother remembers her as always being old too when she was growing up.

I used to like to play handball against her house in the driveway. Mrs. Capp of course didn't like this and would come out screaming bloody murder every time I did. Which would make me play handball more often.

She must have started going bat shit crazy during my childhood. No, I don't think it was the constant of my handball playing... or maybe it was. She started telling my friends and eye the nuttiest stories about herself.

One time I made the mistake of asking her why her one eye was all cloudy and white. She had really bad cataracts. She told my friend and I that she had wiped her eye with a kleenex and part of the tissue got stuck in her eye and she can never get it out.

Another time she was telling us about how her family was part werewolf, and that she turns into one on the fool moon. I don't remember how this topic got started on. Maybe I in my uncouth ways asked her about her excessive chin hair. I was pretty damn freaked out by this story. I think my mother even had to go over and talk to her about that one.

The last weird thing I can remember about her is that she used to tell me about her husband coming to pick her up and taking her out to eat. Now, her husband hasn't been alive since I can remember. I am pretty sure that he had passed away before I was born.

By the time I was in my teens she had moved into a nursing home and the house became abandoned. Of course, this made it all the more creepy. My grandmother eventually bought it so that we could preserve the driveway situation and a couple of years ago we tore down the house so it is just an empty lot now. I will probably get into somethings related to that in a later entry.

If you ever see a lycanthrope being driven around in a ghost car with a tissue stuck to it's eye. Tell Mrs. Capp hello for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stewie said...

That lady rocks!

I am going to be the male version of her when I get that age.

*made a mental note of the werewolf story*

Two updates, good job.

1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

My brother's family used to have a dog with 3 legs (the dog jumped from the 3rd story balcony of the apartment they were living in - twice - and the leg had to be amputated the 2nd time). We were in the park one day with the dog, and a little kid asked my brother why the dog only had 3 legs, and my brother responded, "We got hungry one night and didn't have any food in the house, so we ate her leg."

Needless to say, the look on the kid's face was priceless.

9:48:00 AM  
Blogger fnordboy said...

lol. I can understand intentionally fucking with people. That's fun. But this lady believed this shit.

12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I had neighbors like that. Instead I always had boring ones. Now I get potheads with pregnant wives. The wife may be some kind of a monster though. She's asian, perhaps Laotian, and is like 6'4.

10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home