6/06/2005

You got an extra smoke?

Todays blog is an interesting experiment that was thought up by someone else. A group of us are to all write on same topic to see the different ways we all approach the same topic. The topic: Government's attempts at banning smoking in bars.

This was supposed to be up last night at 9PM but I never got around to doing it. Everytime I thought to myself, "hey, I need to do that blog on smoking" it made me want to have a cigarette. So I would light up a cig and completely forget to do this. This happened repeatedly throughout the night. I think I am going to have a cigarette now in fact.

*7 mintues later*

I live maybe 5-10 minutes outside of Manhattan where smoking has been banned in bars and restaurants for awhile now. Do I go toNYC bars and restaurant now? No. Of course I wish I could blame that on the smoking bam, but I hate that goddamn city anyway. When I was growing up a group of us used to cut school and hop on the PATH train into the city and hang out and get fucked up. In those days we could light up a joint walking down the street or just hanging out in Washington Square Park and not be bothered. From my understanding you can't do that anymore. It is frightenening to see how quickly that has all changed. I wish I could blame it all on Ghouliani and Bloomberg, but that would be too easy.

Anyway, I am straying from the point of this entry.

I don't understand the ban. It boggles my mind how business owners will allow the government to tell them what legal activities can and can not go on in their businesses. A lot of people like to say, "what about the waitresses and bartenders that have to work there and have to deal with the secondhand smoke". Ok.. if you want to be a waitress or bartender and you didn't think you would have to deal with smoke you are a fucktard. I don't like the prospect of having back problems... you know what I did? I DIDN'T GET A FUCKING JOB LIFTING HEAVY THINGS. Wow. What a fucking concept. For as long as I can remember smoke and bars went hand in hand. If you didn't know that then you have more problems than the potentials of sucking in secondhand smoke all during your shift.

I remember when I was in college, the first semester I was there you could smoke just about anywhere. The cafeteria, in the hallways of most of the buildings, etc. I ended up dropping out for a year and a half, but when I went back the climate had completely changed. You couldn't smoke anywhere except outdoors. Most people still smoked in the art building, because, like bars, being a troubled artist and smoking goes hand in hand. Eventually though that had to come to an end too.

"I don't like me clothes smelling like smoke after a night out."

Don't go out to a friggin' bar then. I don't. I hate bars and the people that tend to frequent them. I would much rather save my money and buy a few bottles of liquor and a couple sixpacks and spend the time at my house or someone elses. Sure I might not get lucky in the bathroom... but it has been known to happen a few times at friends houses too. ;)

I fucking hate people who ruin things for everyone else. Now I need a cigarette.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stewie said...

Worth the wait.

And your last line is almost just like mine. (insert lol smiley here).

10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's kind of like mine, too!

11:16:00 AM  
Blogger fnordboy said...

And I swear I did not look at anyone's before I posted mine. I just don't have an original thought in my head I guess :(

And AR... of course. That is why we'e BFF!!!

11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

you're not MY bff too?!!?!?

2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Stewie said...

No, loser. Get your own BFF.

BFF, Fnord!

2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

What's a BFF?

Notice we all mentioned how people ought to realize that bars are full of smoke?

3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Ace doesn't know what a BFF is. He must not have ever had one.

I'm going to cry over the shame of it all.

12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BFF means Big Fucking Faggots.

7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Stewie said...

Don't be jealous, Renaldo.

You are my SBFF.

And the S stands for THUPER!

10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home